dimanche 24 juillet 2016

What is the oldest thing you have in your house?

I have some stuff under my lawn that is as old as dirt.

Seriously, I do have some old stuff. My father collected and repaired antique clocks. With his passing, half of his collection came to me. I have around thirty clocks that are at least 150 years old and one that has a repair date scratched on the works from the late 1700s. I am a collector of antique canes. I have a couple that are 150 years old.. most are late 1800 vintage. Like most, I have some coins, dishes, and furniture from the mid to late 1800s.
The neatest old item belonged to my great great grandfather. It is a church song book. It hasn't any printed music, just the lyrics to the songs they sang in church. He died in the mid 1880s so I know it's old though it has no printing date. It's gone from father to son and now is my treasure. Someday it will be kept by my son.

My parents both collected antiques. I grew up in a house full of old stuff. It seems natural to be surrounded by old stuff. I wish I had invested so wisely. Besides, old stuff is cool.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



What is the oldest thing you have in your house?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire